Sports

TCU Football 2020 Pre-Season Preview

2020 TCU Football Season Preview

The schedule for the 2020 football season has been set and is drawing a lot of excitement. Although TCU is hunting for a Big 12 title, they still have pre-season non-conference opponents to take care of. TCU football faces 3 non-conference games against California, Prairie View, and SMU. With the first game kicking off on September 5, the Horned Frogs are looking to an undefeated pre-season moving into Big 12 against Oklahoma State.

The Opponents

The first game of the season places TCU in Berkeley, California against the California Golden Bears. The last match up the team saw was in 2018 for the Cheez-It Bowl, when the game ended in overtime, 10-7, with TCU the victor. So far, the matchup predictions on ESPN based on their Football Power Index have TCU winning at 61.4%. To many, these are good odds, but in Horned Frogs hearts we believe they will win 100%.

The second game of the season is against the Prairie View A&M Panthers. This is the first home game of the season and if permitted will be the first-time fans will be allowed back into to Amon G. Carter Stadium for the 2020 season. Referring again to ESPN’s matchup predictor for this matchup, the odds are much more in TCUs favor. At 99.5% there is little doubt TCU will come out the winners, but we know there are no guarantees in any sport. Regardless from the stands or the couch, we will be cheering on the Horned Frogs under the Carter lights.

The third and final game before conference play is the famous Iron Skillet Battle against the SMU Mustangs. A tradition since 1946 both of these teams have competed for the traveling Iron Skillet Trophy for viewers entertainment. Last year, SMU came out on top, but this year, TCU is looking to take back the trophy. An 80% chance of victory for the Horned Frogs are great odds, but for long appreciated fans of the rivalry, knowing the 20% chance that SMU could win, is just enough to provide an exciting game.

Although TCU is predicted to win most of these games, we know that anything can happen. Still, as a fan of TCU football, you can’t help but to hope for an undefeated season.

Related posts

A Look Inside Bane’s TCU Career

Regan

TCU Women’s Basketball 2020-21 Pre-Season Glance

Regan

TCU Men’s Basketball 2020-21 Pre-Season Glance

Regan